martes, 8 de septiembre de 2009

As far as my family goes I have two host brothers Juan and Borja (21 and 19) and a host sister Miriam (14), and then their parents María and Juanjo (sp?). Juan and I were in the house alone for a couple days when the family was still on vacation. When I first got there I accidently was calling him usted (a formal way of addressing someone that is completely not the right way to address someone who is your same age.) Juan and Borja and I went to see American Playboy an (I’m assuming) unsuccessful movie in the States called Stretch (starring Ashton Kutcher). While I could understand this dubbed movie, the conversations that Juan and Borja were having with their friends were muy rápidos. I think I’m getting better than the usted snafu, but it may take a bit to feel completely fluent.

Spanish Lesson:

molar: to be cool

Sentence: Esta película mola. = This movie is cool.

Two reasons I like this word:

1. It can’t really be translated to English. Basically you’re using cool as a verb, as if the subject is achieving this quality, not that it simply possesses it like we say in English.

2. This word is never taught in Spanish classes so if you want to get seem very cool to the Spaniards you can drop this into conversation. We’ll see how this works out for me.

Vale

Adios.

(Sorry for the formatting by the way, I think you can only really post on picture in a post, so read from bottom to top on this one. The rest should be in order.)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario